This week my eldest daughter had a project and part of it was to make french toast. So after searching for a recipe we converted it to a gluten and dairy free version. Once cooked, we sprinkled it with some maple syrup and topped it with strawberries. When we bit into it, it melted in our mouths, so smooth, and oh so delicious!
This french toast is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, nut free.
French Toast Ingredients
1/3 cup dairy free milk
1 teaspoon cardamom
6 thick slices of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free bread
Dairy free butter
- Place eggs, milk, and cardamom into a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Place one piece of bread at a time into the mixture and allow the mixture to soak in, turn over to make sure both sides are well soaked.
- Heat frypan up to a medium temperature.
- Melt some butter in the frypan.
- Place soaked pieces of bread in and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Serve warm or room temperature. Top with some fresh cut fruit of your choice with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. YUM!
If there are any leftover (!) keep in an air tight container in the fridge.