Ever felt like making your own chips at home but not sure how? Well here is a simple recipe for you to enjoy. All you need is 2 ingredients and some patience.
These chips are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan
Sweet Potato Chips Ingredients
1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat up enough olive oil in a deep saucepan to be able to have all the potato slices fully immersed when they go in.
- To check when the oil is at the right temperature gently place a potato slice in the oil and when it bubbles and rises to the surface the oil is hot enough.
- Slowly place the potato slices in the oil and cook until crisp. This can take up to 20 mins sometimes depending on how many slices you have put in and the temperature of your oil.
- Tip: Don’t overcrowd the saucepan with potato slices otherwise they will cook but won’t crisp up.
- Scoop out chips and strain on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Serve immediately with your favourite meal or as a snack.
If there are any left, which I doubt there will be, they can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge and reheated at a later time.