This coconut ice is gluten free, dairy free, refined-sugar free, vegan
Coconut Ice Ingredients
3-4 tablespoons coconut cream
½ cup raw unprocessed honey or vegan sweetener
250g desiccated coconut
crushed raspberries/beetroot powder/pink or red food colouring
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking dish with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the copha and honey or vegan sweetener together.
- Mix in the coconut cream.
- Allow to cool in the saucepan for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the desiccated coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the copha and sweetener mixture to the desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Press half the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Place in the fridge to set for a bit.
- To the other half of the mixture, add 2-3 drops of food colouring or a handful of crushed raspberries or a small pinch of beetroot powder for the pink colouring.
- Mix well.
- Press the rest of the mixture onto the top of the plain layer.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, or until set.
- Once set, cut into the size pieces you would like.
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.