I have been wanting to develop a jelly that is all about the fruit rather than the sugar. This pineapple jelly is so simple and has no added sugar or sweeteners. It has 4 ingredients in total! It is light and delicious.
This jelly is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan, nut free, egg free, and gelatine free.
2 cups of boiling water
2.5 teaspoons of agar agar powder
2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
1 cup sugar free apple juice
- Place the agar agar powder into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the boiling water and whisk to combine well.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
- Place the pineapple pieces into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add pineapple puree and apple juice to the saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Bring to the boil again and simmer for another few minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a glass bowl and allow to cool.
- Pour into a dish and place in fridge to set.
- Once set, slice into the portion sizes you would like, and serve with whipped coconut cream or on it’s own.
- Add some seasonal fruit to your plate for a bit of colour.
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge.